Contamination in the home from meth smoking is often invisible and residents may be completely unaware of it. If a meth residue test returns a positive result, it is important to evacuate the premises in order to preserve the health of the occupants and then contact us to conduct our decontamination procedure. To decontaminate a smoke house, our highly trained and qualified technicians follow the same rigorous process as cleaning a meth lab:
An onsite inspection allows us to make a preliminary assessment of the property and affected areas. We will provide you with a report which includes:
- Details on the condition of the property
- An investigation of ventilation systems and plumbing systems to determine whether damage and contamination has occurred
- An indication of worst affected areas
Pre forensic testing can significantly reduce the costs associated with remediation of a smoke house as it can help to identify which areas have been contaminated as well as which furnishings and materials will need to be removed and disposed of.
The remediation plan is customised and determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the results of the pre forensic testing results. The specific remediation action needed for each property may include:
- Removal and disposal of any loose material including furniture and household items
- Removal and disposal of biohazard material
- Decontamination and treatment of all contaminated internal surfaces as well as flushing of all plumbing systems using specialised chemicals
- Cleaning contaminated ventilation systems
- Cleaning of contaminated structural elements of property
- Soil testing to check for outside disposal sites
Following the remediation process, the property will be re-tested and samples will be independently analysed. The final finding must confirm meth levels are less than 0.5µg/100cm2. Once the property has been cleared for re-habitation, a final report will be issued which details the case study, methods and processes undertaken and certified results.
If you have any questions about our remediation process, get in touch with us for a confidential discussion.